SURFACE WATER CONTROL: AN INTEGRATED SOLUTION FOR CROSSING CHANNELS AND WATER FLOWS
In case of expansion and development of surface water management systems, it may be necessary to solve the crossing of canals and watercourses.
AQUAPROFIT Co. has developed this concealed structure combined with a dam for such cases. The concealment structure is integrated on the upstream side with a tilting dam structure like an ear shaft.
The lower plane of the base plate of the two structures is the same. The front wall of the concealed structure is made up of remaining sheet piles, which are folded down to the upper plane of the base plates on the influence side. These battens also provide an extension of the leak path.
The battens are closed by a monolithic reinforced concrete beam on the upper plane of the structure. The front wall of the ear shaft receives the prefabricated reinforced concrete pipe of the weir. The inner diameter of the reinforced concrete pipes is 1600mm. The element connected to the ear shaft is formed with an angular break, thus tilting the water to be passed through the enclosure under the bed of the crossed channel.
- standardized, economical design
- automated, remote control operation
- use of prefabricated elements, economical design
- fast construction
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION, DESIGN
- crossing small watercourses and canals
- maximum water flow: 8.0 m3/s
- maximum swelling: 4.0 m
- locking device: tilting plate
- power supply: from a wired network
- Water replacement main branch (Ancient-Dráva water retention project, OVF, 2020-21.)
- Korcina canal (Ancient-Dráva water retention project, OVF, 2020-21.)