WITH SMART PLANNING AGAINST FLOOD AND DROUGHT
As one of the direct effects of global warming, seasonal precipitation has become extremely fluctuating. Prolonged periods of water scarcity and drought have become common, as well as the rainfall events when many times the amount of usual precipitation can fall in just a few days.
Extreme amounts of water put an increased stress on both our natural and built environment.
In the absence of adequate protection, lightning floods are a direct threat, while a lack of rainfall can lead to supply problems in many places. Therefore, it is extremely important to plan territorial and municipal water management and plant management with a high degree of competence, expertise and foresight.
Complex water management systems are an effective solution for dealing with water damage and drought damage in the areas.
The drainage of surplus water must be planned in the knowledge of the water demand of the areas, accordingly it must be possible to retain the water in the area and to designate the necessary storage places and storm reservoirs in the case of both indoor and outdoor water management.
In the case of complex water management, water controlling tasks must be performed, which can be ensured by the construction of double-acting water controlling structures. Where the conditions required for the above technical solutions are not given (ownership, land use, existing development), it must first be possible to drain water without damage. In the case of large-scale and complex water management, modern plant management technologies (remote operation, monitoring, automatic control) must be used in order to properly operate the facilities and to adapt them to the changing weather conditions and territorial water needs in time.
In order to establish the above technical solutions, we are at the disposal of our partners in performing the following design tasks:
- hydrological examination of the area, hydrological modeling, exploration of water needs, drainage, geodetic and soil physical conditions;
- consultations with owners, land users, public utility managers;
- elaboration of water management concept, preparatory design, feasibility studies;
- carrying out detailed design work for the selected concept, preparation of authorization and construction plans, plant management plans, implementation plans;
- professional assistance, expert advice during the licensing procedure.
- expert support
- extensive professional experience
- full complexity
- unique proficiency and preparedness in the design of complex water systems
- 25 years of experience
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- indoor and outdoor water management
- protection and revitalization of wetlands
- construction of lakes and reservoirs
- Ős-Dráva Program / Water for the Revival of Ormánság (Preliminary Feasibility Study; Ormánság Development Association, 2005)
- Improving the navigability of the Danube (GKM-VITUKI, 2006-2007)
- Vásárhelyi plan, Szamos-Kraszna flood reduction reservoir (VKKI, 2008)
- Kis-Balaton water protection system, II. pace (VKKI, 2009)
- Danube project (VKKI, 2009)
- Rehabilitation of watercourses crossing borders (DDVIZIG, 2009-10.)
- Revitalization of the Upper Martin branch on the Drava (DDVIZIG, 2009-10)
- Ancient-Dráva Program - Working together to boost Ormánság - INTERREG III / A (Ormánság Development Association, 2010)
- Preparation of Water Damage Prevention Protection Plans in 98 settlements Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county (OVF, 2011.)
- Design of the Bódvaszilas stormwater reservoir (OVF, 2011)
- Design of the Edelény storm reservoir (OVF, 2011)
- Design of a bridgehead storm reservoir (OVF, 2011)
- Water replenishment of the Cún – Szapolca backwater (DDVIZIG, 2012)
- Planning for water retention and land use change in the Ancient Drava Program (OVF, 2017-21.)